Monday, June 11, 2012

Meal Plan Monday - Boy-free Edition


This past week I ended up shuffling nearly every meal scheduled to a different day, but we did end up eating everything.  My husband was so happy when we finally had the stuffed zucchini on Friday.  Saturday evening I hosted a playdate while my husband and the other boy's father went to a movie.  Because it was just me and two boys with very different food preferences, we just had leftovers and what I could find in the fridge that made each individual happy.

The 7 year old left yesterday morning for a week long vacation with his best friend's family.  As a result, I've loaded up this week's meal plan with things that he wouldn't touch in a million years.  (Well, hopefully his tastes will mature and he will begin trying vegetables eventually).  We ended up having a lot of red meat last week, though, I've tried to find a lot of vegetarian and white meat options for this week.

Sunday - Buffalo Chicken Wings and Vegetable plate
The husband loves chicken wings.  The rest of us, not so much.  I'll bread a few chicken tenders for myself.  He's not crazy about celery, but some carrot sticks and tomato wedges will make him happy as a side for this dish.  I might even fix him a few fries too.


Monday - Fettuccine Alfredo, Salad, Bread
I wouldn't have put fettuccine Alfredo in the rotation this soon, but my husband asked for it while the 7 year old is gone.  I just wish he'd requested it before we went to the market.  Broccoli is just starting to be in season.

Tuesday -  Pasta au Gratin with Vegetables, Salad
I found some adorable little baby eggplant and zucchini at the market this week I'll be using for this.  While we made this several months ago, it hasn't been in our rotation since, so this is sort of our new recipe for the week.

Wednesday - Black Bean Cakes with Corn Salsa and Avocado Dressing
This recipe from Baked Bree is seriously one of the best new recipes I've tried in quite a while.  I could eat the avocado dressing all day.  The black bean cakes freeze super well for later too.

Thursday - Big Salad with Shrimp, Bread
We got lots of salad greens at the market this week, and I've got a craving for a little shrimp.  Thursday promises to be busy, so this will be a cool, easy dinner for that night.

Friday and Saturday - We have plans both nights that will include meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment